Friday, August 5, 2011

Avon's RACE to 125,000 Kisses

The Avon RACE to 125000 Kisses Poster
October is breast cancer awareness month. Here in the Philippines, that usually kicks off with an Avon sponsored event called Kiss Goodbye to Breast Cancer. This year is going to be my third time to participate. I first joined in 2009. That was the year I said goodbye to my left breast and embraced the reality that is cancer. It was just the hubby and me then but we vowed to come back with our family of 3 the following year. And we did! The little girl barely knew what was going on then but I was happy she was there with me to join many other inspiring women to walk to spread more awareness about breast cancer.

L to R: Tibs and Me pausing for pictures; the 2009 Commerative Wall behind  me
Happy to be here.
This year, I decided to level up. I have been running for more than 2 years now and I only see it fit that I not only walk but run as well in support of this cause. I decided to register and run my favorite distance that is10k and will join the walk after that with Tibs and Maia and many other wonderful, brave women (and men).
Our family of 3 in 2010
If you are interested to join this running event, here are the details:

Event: Race to 125,000 Kisses Run
Date: October 2, 2011
Venue: SM Mall of Asia Open Grounds
Starting Time: Wave Start is 5:00AM for the 10k run event
Race Fee: P500 - 5k and P650 - 10k

However if you only want to join the walk, you just need to buy the 2011 KGBC T-shirt that comes with a Kiss Bag Tag for only P220. Every shirt you buy entitles a P20 donation to the PGH Breast Care Center and selected provincial hospitals.

For more information, you may check out the Avon Race to 125,000 page: http://www.avonkgbcphilippines.com/

Hope to be running or walking with you in October!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Faye, Glad to came across your blog thru Pinay Mommies Comm. My mother also lost her one breast to cancer 2 years ago and she's turning 71 this year. And we are still enjoying her. Continue the fight and I'm sure Maia will be there when you turn 70 yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Malou! Thank you for your inspiring words. I hope and pray your mother continue to be strong and cancer-free. :))

    ReplyDelete