Thursday, October 1, 2009

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

I was going to join my first Walk as One event this weekend but it seems like I will have to pass on this again. The weather just won't let me.

October was supposed to be something to look forward to. This month I celebrate my 2nd year as a wife and my 1st year as a mother. Both of which I consider as the most wonderful milestones of my lifetime.

I am still hopeful that Pinoys will rise tall and proud amidst the tragedy that hit the country in this past week. It just breaks my heart to see people suffer and I could not do anything to directly help ease the pain of their suffering. I feel useless in times like these.

I hope though in the coming weeks when Maia becomes a lot more independent, I'd still get to help. I mean directly help. Maybe help build a home and help clean up. Just something more hands on apart from sending money and relief goods to the victims.

As the breast cancer awareness month kicks off today, I am making a BIG note on my diary to keep on convincing people to have themselves checked whenever they feel something weird on their bodies. In the coming years, I'd like to be more active with this cause. Right now, I still have no concrete plans towards achieving this goal but I hope to have a clearer vision in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment